SHIPO conducts a remarkable teacher training on English and Kiswahili subjects – INSET
Category : Geen categorie
This training aims at improving the teaching quality of Language ‘English and Kiswahili’ in particular, providing materials and training techniques to grade 3-7 teachers, in order to face the lack of competences in the named subjects, both from teachers and students’ sides. It commenced from the 10th September 2018 and will last up to the 19th September 2018.
Teachers attendance is 100% as all the 60 expected teachers are actively participating in the ongoing training. All the 4 invited Ward Education Coordinators have also attended. At the district level the District School Quality Assurer is here; the District Education Officer “Academics’ officer is representing the DEO. The regional education office is also represented by Mr Stephen Sanga who is representing the REO. A total of 14 caregivers are here taking care of the teachers’ kids; being an observation of the child rights component that the project wishes to realize.
The training is facilitated by Vikindu Teachers College. Two experts from the college were contracted; Mr Philip Mdegela is facilitating English subject while Ms Khadija Semkati is facilitating Kiswahili subject.
Topics been covered were proposed by the beneficiary teachers, compiled by the SHIPO officers and shared to the Vikindu facilitators who prepared training materials in use.
Post the training it is anticipated that:
- Teachers improve their capacity to teach the trained English and Kiswahili topics to pupils.
- Teachers will be able to identify, prepare and use teaching aids or tools (per subject and standard level) relevant to topic and environment and capacitate other teachers who did not attend the training on these skills and techniques.
- Teachers will be able to prepare and capacitate other teachers who did not attend the training on how to teach the trained English and Kiswahili topics and how to prepare lesson plan for their daily lessons.
- Teachers will be able to use different books (text books, supplementary and teachers’ guidelines) when preparing lesson notes and capacitate other teachers on the same.
- Teachers will prepare an action plan to be implemented in the school where they will schedule when and how they are going to share the things learnt in the training with their fellow and when and how they will apply the newly acquired knowledge and practices.