The main objectives:
- To give chance to the Farmers and other stakeholders involved in Agriculture sector in Njombe Region to get the opportunity to experience on innovations in agriculture using SHIPO SMARTechs.
- Also to use the chance to invite Regional commissioner to learn more about SHIPO, this is after he showed a lot of interest to ground water recharging and he promised to visit SHIPO and learn more about it the time he visited by SHIPO Board members and Management team.
Activities Performed during preparation of the event
- Preparation and rehabilitation of all SMARTech to be demonstrated during the event with cooperation of Kisangani Group, Uvinjo Group and James.
- Invited different Stakeholders that are involved in Agriculture sector from private and government.
- Invited Farmers, and SHIPO trained groups to demonstrate other agriculture tools, drilling and digging techniques.
- Mr. Lameck Noah, the Assistance Administrative Secretary for Business and Agricultural production, was the guest of honor on behalf of the regional commission. So SHIPO archived its objective of invite the regional commission in SHIPO to learn more about SHIPO SMARTechs, He was so happy about the technologies and he promised to cooperate with SHIPO to make sure the SMARTechs are recognized. See the picture below of the technologies demonstrated during farmer’s day event
- SHIPO was able to present in front of the guest of honor, the challenges of not having the policy that recognize the SMARTechs so he promised to work on the request.
- Other Stakeholders from government and Other NGO’s Were able to see the good opportunities in SHIPO for Agriculture activities and also to demonstrate about their products see the pictures below
This event is organized by SHIPO’S SMART Centre in Tanzania.